- Meet the Makers
- See all
- News from Makezine
- See all
The 10th annual Maker Faire Bay Area was an amazing event, an ongoing celebration of making in our culture as well as the emergence of Maker culture. Maker Faire Bay Area, which took place May 15–17 in San Mateo, is really the Mother of All Maker Faires — bigger, bolder, but just […]
You’ve heard the saying many times; “When in Rome, do as Romans do.” Well, what the Romans are doing now, is preparing for Maker Faire! This will mark the 3rd year for Maker Faire Rome, the largest European Maker Faire, and like any other Maker Faire, they want fresh Makers to […]
The popular design tool and the additive manufacturing experts team up to allow for optimized 3D printing capabilities of your designs.
- Posted by Mike Senese | May 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM
- Categories: 3D Printing, Maker News | 5 Comments on SketchUp and Materialise Partner for 3D Printing Design Optimization
It doesn’t get much better than the world renowned DJ Qbert scratching insanely fast, except when every scratch is not just expressed as sound, but also sparks off of a tesla coil. That’s exactly what took place during Maker Faire Bay Area when DJ Qbert took to the stage to […]
- Posted by David Scheltema | May 22nd, 2015 6:00 AM
- Categories: Computers & Mobile, Electronics, Music | 4 Comments on Watch a DJ Control a Tesla Coil With His Turntable
This year’s Maker Faire Bay Area has come to a close, and while we are sad to see it go, it also gave us the opportunity to acknowledge the hard work of those Makers who brought the best, most fun, engaging, memorable, and educational exhibits. One of the biggest perks of […]
- Posted by Make: Editors | May 21st, 2015 8:00 AM
- Categories: Maker News | 4 Comments on Drumroll Please for the Ribbon Winners from Maker Faire Bay Area!