Virtually Maker Faire – May 23, 2020 – That’s a Wrap!
Virtually Maker Faire Featured Makers Responding to COVID-19 and more!
We had 24 Hours of Presentations, Workshops, Demos, and Exhibits Across All Time Zones
Virtually Maker Faire Tracks
- The organization of local distribution networks for pickup and delivery.
- Tools and methods used to manage volunteers and incoming requests.
- Creating awareness in government, industry and citizens; Funding models or lack thereof.
Teaching & Learning
- How are maker educators adapting to digital tools.
- Encouraging hands-on learning at home.
- Doing hands-on workshops and courses online.
- How to train more people to participate in civic response.
Re-thinking the Future
- How the pandemic and our response to it is teaching us to think differently.
- How, where and why we do things.
- Sustainability. Food. Well-being.
Design & Production
- The development, rapid prototyping, testing, and deployment of shared solutions. Specific projects and how they developed.
- How capacity to produce locally matters to the response.
- Iterating to meet needs and respond to feedback from health care work.
Virtually Maker Faire playlists will be posted here soon.
Join Make: Community
Share your Maker Faire experience