Make: Education Forum @ Maker Faire
Join Make: for the 3rd annual education program focused on the leaders, influencers, and practitioners providing support, services, and programs to bring making into schools.
Make: Education Forum Friday, September 22, 2017 10:00 am – 4:00 pm World Maker Faire New York 2017 New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY
Made possible with the support of:
- DK Publishing
- Midler Office Furniture
Co-hosted with our partner, New York Hall of Science (NYSCI), the event is Friday, September 22, at the New York Hall of Science, home of World Maker Faire New York, from 10am to 4pm. This year, our focus will be on computational making, rethinking professional development for maker education and how making is not just about creating a makerspace but creating a maker culture.
Hear from educators, makerspace organizers, librarians, local and federal state department representatives, and youth organizations who have developed models and platforms to serve this agenda. If you are an individual who is either formally or informally supporting and/or creating project-based learning programs for kids that support general STEM areas, as educational policy makers, superintendents and principals, or youth programing coordinators, please join us.
The cost to attend the Make: Education Forum @ Maker Faire is $95.00. As part of your registration, you will receive one ADULT SINGLE DAY PASS to World Maker Faire New York 2017 (good for either Saturday or Sunday entrance) valued at $45.00.
- 9:00 am Registration Opens; Coffee
- 10:00 am Make: Education Forum begins; Introductions from:
- Dale Dougherty, CEO & Founder, Maker Media
- Dr. Margaret Honey, President & CEO, New York Hall of Science
- 10:15 am Keynote
- Dr. Kylie Peppler, Associate Professor of Learning Sciences & Director of The Creativity Labs at Indiana University Bloomington
- 11:15 am General Session Programming
- 12:15 pm Making Activity & Light Lunch
- 1:15 pm General Session Programming
- 3:45 pm Closing Remarks
- DK Publishing
- 4:00 pm Tour of World Maker Faire
- Program information will be updated as it becomes available.
- Sponsor inquiries, contact: email@example.com