Join Make: for the 4th annual education program focused on the leaders, influencers, and practitioners providing support, services, and programs to bring making into schools.
Make: Education Forum Friday, September 21, 2018 10:00 am – 4:00 pm World Maker Faire New York 2018 New York Hall of Science, Queens, NY
An important outcome for maker education is helping more students find meaningful, productive work. At this year’s Education Forum at World Maker Faire NY, we will look at how maker educators can help students navigate a the future of work—a future that places a premium on curiosity and innovation.
Our speakers and panelists will provide insight into how hands-on learning experiences help develop future-forward skills and mindset all of us must think differently about education and careers In addition to a presentation program, there will be hands-on sessions available to participants.
- Michael Cook- Center for the Future of Work, Cognizant
- Andrea Rose Sachdeva- Agency by Design, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Carlos Moreno-Co-Executive Director, Big Picture Learning
- Jacob Lingley- Executive Director, Brilliant Labs
- Dr. Karen Ames- Superintendent, District 8 Bronx NYC DOE
- More to be announced shortly!
This event is designed both for individuals who are either formally or informally supporting and/or creating project-based learning programs, as well as educational policy makers, superintendents and principals. Please join us!
Made possible with the support of Cognizant and BeagleBoard.org
Use the Forum’s hashtag – #MEF18 #WMFNY18 – when sharing on your social media!