Maker Faire Bay Area 2013 was a huge success!
You’ve heard the saying many times; “When in Rome, do as Romans do.” Well, what the Romans are doing now, is preparing for Maker Faire! This will mark the 3rd year for Maker Faire Rome, the largest European Maker Faire, and like any other Maker Faire, they want fresh Makers to […]
The popular design tool and the additive manufacturing experts team up to allow for optimized 3D printing capabilities of your designs.
- Posted by Mike Senese | May 22nd, 2015 10:43 AM
- Categories: 3D Printing, Maker News | 4 Comments on Sketchup and Materialise Partner for 3D Printing Design Optimization
It doesn’t get much better than the world renowned DJ Qbert scratching insanely fast, except when every scratch is not just expressed as sound, but also sparks off of a tesla coil. That’s exactly what took place during Maker Faire Bay Area when DJ Qbert took to the stage to […]
- Posted by David Scheltema | May 22nd, 2015 6:00 AM
- Categories: Computers & Mobile, Electronics, Music | 4 Comments on Watch a DJ Control a Tesla Coil With His Turntable
This year’s Maker Faire Bay Area has come to a close, and while we are sad to see it go, it also gave us the opportunity to acknowledge the hard work of those Makers who brought the best, most fun, engaging, memorable, and educational exhibits. One of the biggest perks of […]
- Posted by Make: Editors | May 21st, 2015 8:00 AM
- Categories: Maker News | 2 Comments on Drumroll Please for the Ribbon Winners from Maker Faire Bay Area!
DFRobot is a Shanghai-based open source hardware facilitator whose mission is to encourage people to develop their own products and simply enable more rapid project creation. We caught up with Hector Saldana of DFRobot to find out more about the company’s offerings. Saldana notes one of their main focuses of […]
- Posted by David Scheltema | May 21st, 2015 7:30 AM
- Categories: Arduino, Computers & Mobile, Robotics | No Comments on DFRobot Encourages the Open Hardware Community