Our goal is to remake basic open hardware technologies and devices, especially in medical area - but make them high quality, stylish and usable, both for users - including patients and medical professionals - and as a platform for development of other devices.
So far (as of Sept 2020) our progress is:
- main project - uECG, wearable ECG (100% ready, v4.3 in production)
- uEMG, wearable EMG (65% done, 5th prototype tested)
- uOxy, Bluetooth oximeter (40%, 1st prototype tested)
- uDoc, patient monitor (25%, 1st prototype working)
- uGlass, AR glasses module (20%, 2nd prototype assembled)
We also advocate for open medicine and simplifying medical certification: open sourcing medical certification processes, transparent public testing, drastic time-to-patient reduction.
What inspired you to make this project?:
We just saw over and over that there’s no basic, inexpensive technologies that work well, and that people can easily make them - a lot of people know electronics now, there’s access to software tools and learning resources, public forums that you can search in case you have problems, and access to production and components is far from ideal, but still more distributed than before. So we just started to make various technologies to eventually democratize them. We also have a dream of distributed, localized manufacturing that will be much faster, cheaper and use local resources.