Call for Maker EducatorsHow Can Making Transform Education?
Make: Education Forum is the place to start those conversations. We are looking for presenters with experience in maker education who can provide concrete ideas and implementable methods around hands-on making and project-based learning experiences. The Make: Education Forum will bring together maker educators of all levels to learn best practices from each other.
The Make: Education Forum is a virtual event occurring from September 24th-25th. This forum aims to help practitioners explore, share, and implement programs for making in K-12 education. You are invited to propose a hands-on “how-to” session or workshop that introduces projects and methods educators can use to design or expand their own maker program.
We are looking for 30-90 minute hands-on workshops, 30-minute presentations, and 30-60 minute panels around these and similar topics:
- * Incorporate making into existing learning frameworks and subject matter
- * Explore resources and opportunities for educational makerspaces
- * Teach technical making skills
- * Help students find and scope local problems that they can work on
- * Explain the steps to produce a School Maker Faire
- * Provide options for no tech to high tech making
- * Map out fostering the maker mindset in your school community
- * Expand making in libraries, camps, and other out of school settings
- * More!