Maker Corps at Maker Faire Training Program Bay Area 2013
We have a great program for people that would like to make an invaluable contribution to the success of Maker Faire. We provide a platform to enhance your skills and learn about the Maker Movement. Get behind-the-scenes experience, and help make the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth happen!
Maker Corps at Maker Faire Training Program
What is the Maker Movement? Join us on a journey to learn about the Maker Movement and use what you learn onsite at Maker Faire. We will provide a course structure to develop insight and new skills that you will be able to apply on site at Maker Faire. For no cost but your time, you will be able to join us onsite and experience the joy of the Maker Movement.
From the founder of the Maker Movement, Dale Dougherty,
“Makers start with that simple idea to do something, which is why we call it DIY, but soon they find out that there are lots of people like you out there. When you find others, you have a community and that community offers a place to show your work, trade tools and swap ideas, and just have fun. And this isn’t just for some people, or just people who like air cannons.”
Help us make the world a better place by learning more about the Maker Movement!
You will need to complete the online training modules learning about the Maker Movement and Maker Faire Training. Then for your onsite experience, schedule in 4-hour blocks of time and we request that you will be available for at least one 4-hour block. Of course, our hope is that you will enjoy working with us at Maker Faire and want to participate throughout the weekend. We’re happy to work with you on your schedule in terms of breaks and time off to experience Maker Faire on your own.
- Set Up Staff — Support the Production Crew with general set up
- MAKE Activity Area — support with keeping the area fun and safe
- Swap O Rama Rama – support the set up of one of the Bay Area’s biggest clothing swap
- Maker Shed (Bookstore) Assistants — General set-up and basic assembly of materials distributed and sold in the bookstore.
- Information Booth — Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations.
- Make, Reuse & Recycle Coordinator — Monitor recycling stations throughout the Faire and educate Faire goers about proper disposal.
- Maker Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Maker Assistants — Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Crafter Assistants — Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Crowd Control & Traffic Directional — Help monitor traffic flow and give directions.
- Safety Waiver Roamers — Assist with acquiring signatures on waivers and distributing wristbands.
- General – I’m flexible and willing to do ANYTHING you need!
Perks for Certificates of at least 4 hours or more:
- Maker Faire T-shirt
- Day Pass to Maker Faire
Perks for Certificates of at least 8 hours or more:
- Maker Faire T-shirt
- Weekend pass to Maker Faire
How to be a member of Maker Corps at Maker Faire
This year, we are using Eventbrite to manage the scheduling and ticketing for our Maker Corps at Maker Faire members. You are able to select 1 ticket for each of the available 4 hour shifts from Thursday through Sunday. Once you select this “ticket” we will expect to see you for that shift. Once you have signed up for your shifts, you will receive regular weekly emails with any important updates and once you arrive onsite, you will receive your actual assignment.
You can sign up for as many shifts as you like!!
If you create an Eventbrite account, you can even make changes to your schedule if required.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE If you are volunteering for a specific exhibit, DO NOT sign up here. Please contact the Maker directly to sign up with them to help with their exhibit.
You must be at least 18 year old to participate alone. If you are younger than 18 years old, and older than 12 years old, a parent or guardian must accompany you onsite. If you are under 12 years old, we are unable to have you participate in the Maker Corps at Maker Faire.
Click here to sign up for Maker Corps at Maker Faire Bay Area 2013: http://makercorpsatmakerfaire2013.eventbrite.com
- Please view the Maker Corps Training — Module 1
- Please complete the Maker Corps Training — Module 1 assessment
- Please view the Maker Corps Training — Module 2
- Please complete the Maker Corps Training — Module 2 assessment
Maker Corps Manual check back soon!
If you should have any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.