Getting to Maker Faire World Maker Faire New York 2015
BE ADVISED: There is NO PARKING at the New York Hall of Science (NYSCI). Please plan accordingly by reviewing the Citi Field parking information noted below.
EVENT DATES & TIMES:
- Saturday, September 26 — 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, September 27 — 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
GETTING TO MAKER FAIRE:
Transportation and parking information is updated regularly. Please check back for more information.
World Maker Faire is very well attended! We strongly suggest you share rides or take alternative transportation instead of driving.
Take 7 LOCAL train to 111th Street Station. Walk three blocks south. Or, take 7 EXPRESS to Mets-Willets Point. Walk down the boardwalk and follow the signs to the New York Hall of Science.
Walking Directions from 111th Street Station to NYSCI: View YouTube subway directions video.
Biking and walking directions from Mets-Willets Point Station to NYSCI via Google Maps.
Q23 or Q58 to Corona Avenue and 108 Street. Q48 to 111 Street and Roosevelt Avenue.
Bike Valet will be available at the 111th Street entrance to NYSCI. It’s free to park your bike! Bike Valet hours are:
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY — 9:30 am – 6:30 pm
Please check the Queens Bike Map for preferred routes and bike paths.
Arrive in Style with Uber!
We’re thrilled to partner with Uber to provide new and existing Uber users discounted ride options to World Maker Faire. Here’s how to get your ride:
New Uber Users—Get $20 off your first ride!:
- Download Uber’s free iPhone/Android/Blackberry 7 app and set up your account using promo code MAKER25 (Or go to https://get.uber.com/go/MAKER25.)
- Request a pickup 5-15 minutes before you need one. $25 will be applied toward your first ride on uberX, UberBLACK, or UberSUV (excluding uberT)
- No cash needed—your credit card is billed directly for the trip and tip!
Existing Uber Users—Try uberPOOL and get $20 off your first uberPOOL trip!:
uberPOOL is the innovative carpool option from Uber, the smartphone app that connects riders and drivers at the tap of a button. You’ll be matched with people riding along a similar route to get to your destination quickly at a price the fraction of a New York City taxi. An uberPOOL match guarantees a cheaper fare, and only adds a few minutes to your trip. To use the discount:
- Enter the promo code MAKERPOOL in the ‘Promotions’ section of the app
- Select the uberPOOL option at the bottom of the screen
- Request and ride—you may be matched with another rider traveling along a similar route
Directions to Parking at Citi Field
Enter your point of origin in this map to get specific driving directions via Google Maps to the public parking lot at Citi Field. Or follow the driving directions below from surrounding boroughs and states.
Those arriving in a group by bus, please see the Bus Parking information below.
- From Queens Take the Grand Central Parkway East to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East, or take Grand Central Parkway West to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From Manhattan Take the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge to Grand Central Parkway to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East, or take Queens Midtown Tunnel to Long Island Expressway to exit 22A-E to either Van Wyck Expressway North or Grand Central Parkway West to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From Brooklyn Take the B.Q.E. East to the Grand Central Parkway East to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East, or take the Eastbound Belt Parkway to the Northbound Van Wyck Expressway. Take the exit 9E-Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From the Bronx Take the Cross Bronx Expressway to Whitestone Bridge to Whitestone Expressway to exit 13D- Northern Boulevard/Citi Field, or take the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge to the Grand Central Parkway exit 9E-Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From Staten Island Take the Staten Island Expressway East to the Verrazano Narrows Bridge to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway North/East to the Grand Central Parkway exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From Long Island Take the Westbound Southern State Parkway to the Northbound Cross Island Parkway to Whitestone Expressway exit 13D to the Northern Boulevard/Citi Field exit, or take Westbound Northern State Parkway/Grand Central Parkway exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
- From New Jersey From Northern New Jersey Take the George Washington Bridge to the Major Deegan Expressway (I-87) South to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge to the Grand Central Parkway to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East. From Southern New Jersey Take the Goethals Bridge to the Staten Island Expressway East to the Verrazano Narrows Bridge to the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway North/East to the Grand Central Parkway to exit 9E-Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East, or take the Bayonne Bridge to 440 South to the Staten Island Exp. East, then follow directions above or take the Outerbridge Crossing to 440 North to the Staten Island Exp. East, then follow directions above.
- From Connecticut Take I-95 to Whitestone Bridge to Whitestone Expressway to exit 13D- Northern Boulevard/Citi Field.
- From Westchester Take the Hutchinson River Parkway South to the Whitestone Bridge to Whitestone Expressway to exit 13D- Northern Boulevard/Citi Field.
- From Rockland Take I-87 South (becomes the Major Deegan Expressway in New York City) to the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge to the Grand Central Parkway to exit 9E- Citi Field/Northern Boulevard East.
PARKING & SHUTTLES:
World Maker Faire parking will be in the Southfield Lot at Citi Field. The entrance to the Southfield lot is east of Roosevelt Avenue between 114th and 126th. Parking for Citi Field is $10 for the day. No in/out privileges. There will be continuous shuttle service between Citi Field and NYSCI. Check back for shuttle schedules.
Bus Parking: Buses arriving with groups should head to Citi Field. Buses will be directed to drop off their passengers in the South Lot very close to the shuttle pick-up/drop-off point. Buses will then be directed to park and stage. Bus parking is $20 per vehicle for the day. Group leaders should stay in touch with their bus drivers by phone to coordinate a pick up in South Lot when the group takes the shuttle back to Citi Field.
Shuttles run continuously between Citi Field and World Maker Faire.
- SATURDAY & SUNDAY: First Shuttle from Citi Field 9:00am, Last Shuttle from World Maker Faire 8:00pm
TRANSPORTATION FOR THOSE WITH A MOBILITY DISABILITY
Handicap parking is available at Citi Field. An ADA shuttle that can accommodate motorized wheelchairs will be available for those that require it. There is no parking available at NYSCI.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com.