Maker Faire inspires, educates, and entertains curious and creative learners of all ages. It celebrates arts, crafts, engineering, food, green design, music, science and technology and brings together communities who embrace the DIY (do-it-yourself) spirit.
Whether you are hearing about the Maker Movement for the first time, or your learners are already passionate makers, we welcome all students and teachers to take advantage of all that Maker Faire has to offer. Use a visit to Maker Faire to launch a new makerspace, making curriculum, or School Maker Faire on your campus.
This page will be updated as programs launch. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to sign up for our educator community to connect with us, share what you’re doing, and to hear about news, offers, events, discounts, and freebies.
Come to Maker Faire
Maker Faire (May 20–22) offers an abundance of learning opportunities with over a thousand inspiring Makers showcasing their projects alongside hands-on making opportunities, performances, and talks. Read about what educators have said about why they love Maker Faire in 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, and 2011.
- FRIDAY@MakerFaire: this awesome afternoon filled with Maker magic allows special access to Maker Faire for student groups, with all the Makers freshly set up before the weekend begins. For school groups only of 10 or more. Download our postcard, and reserve your tickets.
- Prepare for your visit. Teachers have shared field trip tips for bringing groups on whatever day you come. Our Classroom Playbook includes handouts and overviews to prepare yourself and your students for a visit to Maker Faire.
- Discounts. Any group of 15 or more may apply for a 15% discount on ticket prices. Teachers may request additional discounts if needed beyond the group discount of 15%.
- Free tickets. If you or your students can’t afford a ticket AND want to get a behind-the-scenes look at the main event of the Maker movement, consider joining Maker Faire’s Traveler Program. A double-learning opportunity!
- Teacher Team. Now recruiting! This year, we have a very limited number of complimentary teacher tickets to give to select teachers who participate substantially in Maker Media strategic outreach to the education community. Learn more about the Teacher Team here.
- Launch a School Maker Faire. We are hosting our first-ever School Maker Faire Workshop on Friday, May 20. Come for the workshop, and then stay for FRIDAY@MakerFaire! This is a great time to meet some of the other educators and parents who are bringing the Maker movement to campuses across the nation and globe.
Thanks to Our Education Sponsors
Why We Do This…
Learn more about what we do on our general education page.